Two + two?

Anonymous asked 3 years ago

Hello, I am currently a senior in highschool and I would like to receive my bachelors in petroleum engineering and was wondering if it would be possible to attend a school without a petroleum engineering program for my first two years of college then transfer to a college that does offer that program and still be elligable for the bachelors degree?

1 Answers
Chet Staff answered 3 years ago

Thanks for visiting us.  I suppose you could go to a community college for the first two years & complete prerequisite courses to prepare for four year college offering petroleum engineering.  However keep in mind that colleges with pe programs have different requirements to enroll as a transfer.  So please make sure to select your four year college ahead of time & complete the required courses at a community college.  It  will save you money in the long run… Going to a non petroleum college & then transferring to a PE school doesn’t make any sense.
Let me know if you still have any questions.

Posted in